Tuesday

April 21, 1986

Since I have not been able to find a book, I will use this for my Hawai'i trip and experience.

First of all, while I am at LAX, I run into Joni Cohen, who is now Joni Weinstein, and was on her honeymoon ... to Hawai'i ... on the same fucking flight as me!  What a trip!  More about that later.

My first day here was fine.  I miss baseball, that's all.  Howie is still so far away from himself, it is quite amazing.  Be that as it is, I went with he and Jan to listen to some jazz last night.  OK stuff, although the skill and playing were top notch, the material was rather bland.  I seemed to have made an impression and sparked a reaction from the boys in the band here.  In fact, I keep getting all kinds of waves, smiles, whistles, etc. from all the passers-by here - strange!

I have been on some emotional peak lately and have the feeling that something major is occurring emotionally for me.  I am highly sensitive to emotions at this particular time, and am given to tears incredibly quickly.  Although Howie is not satisfied with the room I ended up with, I rather like it.  It overhangs the main street in Kihei, and so is constantly busy and noisy (as, a piece of home!).  Also, there is an all-night espresso/health-food, fast food place right around the corner!  Snickers, smoothies and espresso, Oh Boy!

The condo has a bedroom with two twin beds.  Howie asked for one king-sized which they agreed upon so he did not like that.  Me, I slept on the couch in the living room!  Who cares!  The kitchen is nice with a compact washer/dryer.  Yeah.  Basic bathroom.  And a lanai.  So, all in all, not bad.  An ocean view, as well, from the lanai.  But, Howie says he was shown one unit and paid for it, but delivery was of a different unit.  So ....

I found the aerobics place.  I walked about 20 minutes to it, so it is not real bad.  I bought a 13-class card for $36.00.  I'll take class this evening, hopefully, two back to back.  Otherwise, maybe just the one.  We'll see.  It says "Intermediate/Advanced" so I am with my element.  Let's see.

I went to the store and bought some food and stuff.  I am going to make some tabouli now.

Padres lost Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  Dodgers lost two but won on Sunday.
View My Stats